Jonathan Clark Architects is an award winning RIBA Chartered Practice, dedicated to delivering truly inspiring design-led architecture for all our clients.
We always listen to what our clients want and interpret their tastes, requirements and ambitions and strive to produce buildings that will exceed their expectations. Regardless of the size, complexity or timelines involved, we are fully committed to realising our projects on time and on budget.
We are experienced with both new build projects as well as remodelling or altering existing structures including listed buildings. We hold ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems and ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems certification.
A typical architectural service could (but not exclusively) include the following:
• Development of the brief – working with our clients in order to fully understand their requirements and translate these into a clear communicable brief that can be used as a blueprint to develop further all the way to a finished building.
• Feasibility studies - looking at existing buildings or sites, and proposing and reviewing options for development. This can also be offered as a standalone service – please see under ‘Services’.
• Design an inspiring building or interior for client feedback – we will usually provide various options at the start of a project.
• Planning applications/applications for listed building consent – developing designs, preparing drawings and design and access statements, commissioning and collating additional reports and supporting documentation as required and making applications to the local authority for planning permission and/or listed building consent. This can also be offered as a standalone service – please see under ‘Services’.
• Working drawings and specifications – preparing full construction documentation including coordination with other consultants (structural engineer, M&E services engineer etc)•Building Regulations – preparing drawings, specifications and reports and making applications for building control approval
• Tender package – producing a fully comprehensive and detailed set of construction information and schedules/specifications etc in enough detail to obtain a fixed price for the works from contractors
• Procurement – advising on the best procurements route for the building works, preparing and compiling tender documents as required – all hand in hand with the Quantity Surveyor (QS).
• Contract administration/site inspection – acting as contract administrator under a traditional form of building contract and inspecting works on site to ensure compliance with drawings and specifications through to completion of works on site or operating under a design and build or construction management form of contract.
We can tailor our services to the exact requirements of a particular client and will therefore always discuss a prospective project in detail before making a comprehensive proposal of the services we could provide.