The practice is experienced in and enjoys the challenge of converting historic or listed buildings to suit contemporary needs.
We provide a very high degree of personal attention and expertise to each individual client regardless of the size of the project. We look beyond the ordinary to produce architecture that not only meets clients’ needs but also exceeds their expectations.
The practice is particularly skilled in the integration of both traditional and modern technologies within historic and listed buildings and interiors to make them more environmentally sustainable, energy-efficient and fit for modern purposes.
We have a great deal of experience and success in negotiating with local authority planning departments, particularly in London.
Recently we have achieved the following for our clients:
• Planning consent for a double basement (including below front and rear gardens), a two storey rear extension and an additional floor at roof level for a Victorian terrace within a conservation area in Notting Hill (Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea). Currently on site.
• Planning consent for the demolition of two adjacent terraced houses to form a single new-build three storey house with basement below the entire plot within a conservation area in Chelsea (Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea). Completed.
• Planning consent for the amalgamation of three large apartments in Notting Hill to form one single 400m2(4,300ft2) apartment despite this development being recommended for refusal by Westminster Council as they did not believe that it conformed to their policy. Currently on site.
• Planning and conservation consent for a single storey full width (22 metres) rear extension and basement swimming pool complex to a very large Victorian house in Highgate within a conservation area. Currently on site.
• Listed building and planning consent for a two storey full width ‘glass box’ rear extension with significant internal alterations to a large Grade 2 listed Victorian house in Barnes. This was won on appeal with the Planning Inspector awarding full costs to our clients. (London Borough of Richmond)